02 October 2012

Home canning so far this year

Light blogging today while I get some other work done, so a quick summary of my home canning so far this year:

  • 4 half-pints of strawberry jam
  • 2 pints of rhubarb jam
  • 5 half-pints of strawberry-rhubarb jam
  • 1 3/4 quarts of "Rowhouse Livin' Gin" (a rhubarb-infused vodka)
  • 4 pints of onion pickle
  • 6 half-pints of blueberry jam
  • 2 quarts of brandied blueberries
  • 4 quarts of tomatoes
  • 4 pints of marmalade and 1 pint of marmalade syrup
  • 2 quarts of vegetable stock

About the only thing left to do this year is some apple butter. I usually make two batches, but we'll see what my weekends look like for the rest of the month. Also I'd like to put up some more vegetable broth, because it was a straightforward project.

Have you put anything up this year? Any plans for the rest of the season?

No comments: